Thursday, February 19, 2009

A new Karaoke Venue.

Last night, on the spur of the moment, Hubby and I, with a friend decided to check out a karaoke venue, we haven't been to. So we traveled to Coomera, near Dreamworld to the Boathouse Tavern. We walked in, straight throught to the restaurant to order food - we were ravenous. Their prices were slightly more than average for a plate of carbonara and Satay chicken noodles, but boy were they nice meals, which we ate in the Karaoke area, while waiting for the show to start. 
I got to sing my first song, soon after I finished my meal and was.... satisfied with the experience. Having sang with the best karaoke outfit in Brisbane, I am rather spoilt but I am no stranger to a crisp clean sound, which leads to a good singing experience. These guys at Coomera were good, but needed a little tweaking to put them in the same league. I could barely hear myself, because my foldback was not turned up enough, so I kept thinking I was being drowned out by the music. So I screamed to be heard. 
I have to say in their favour though, that front of house sound was almost there. The karaoke people were friendly enough, too so all in all it was a place I'd do again. 
It was while I was waiting for my third song that I relaxed and looked around at the decor of the pub. The bar was modeled off the cockpit of a large charter boat, and the side panel of another boat was what line one of the walls. Then I looked up and noticed the fiberglass, swordfish and was impressed. 
The Pokie area was only an improvement on this room, but I was begiining to wonder if I was really in a pub or Underwater World. I'm drawn to water, so this place was perfect for me. If only I had enough pokie change to play, so I could spend more time in that room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment